XNode is Enterprise Singapore’s Global Innovation Alliance (GIA) partner for Shenzhen, China.
It is a Shanghai-based startup and corporate accelerator that works with international founders to scale and with large corporates to innovate. XNode has partnered with the Australian, Japanese, Korean, and Italian governments to accelerate startups within the Chinese ecosystem through their facilities in Shanghai, where over US$150 million (S$204 million) in funding has been raised. They have connected startups to their network of corporates including Merck and Visa, via over 60 corporate acceleration projects.
XNode is partnering Enterprise Singapore to run a GIA Acceleration Programme that will support Singapore-based technology startups and SMEs in accessing China through Shenzhen, with a focus in hardware.
As a result of the travel restrictions brought about by COVID-19, the Shenzhen GIA Acceleration Programme will be offered in a virtual format. The optional in-market immersion and physical programme will be available when travel restrictions have been lifted.
The virtual programme consists of two stages:
- Stage 1: Four-week virtual programmeThis programme is designed to help participants understand how to do business more effectively in Shenzhen, China. Participants will be better equipped with the knowledge and network to find product-market fit and to grow as quickly as possible.The online programme will kick off with a virtual demo day. After which, participants will undergo highly customised workshops, receive mentorship by entrepreneurs-in-residence with industry expertise, and have one-on-one virtual meetings with potential clients, partners or investors.There will be a technical track which focuses on hardware-oriented participants and include customised content around topics such as electronics design, supply chain, and firmware programming.
- Stage 2: Optional two week in-market immersion to Shenzhen*Participants can also attend an in-market immersion programme hosted by XNode. This will run for at least two weeks to visit potential clients and partners for deal-making, and to follow up on your expansion plans which have been scoped during Stage 1.*subject to prevailing conditions & travel restrictions
The total programme fees are S$3,000 for Stage 1 and an additional S$2,000 for Stage 2.
For more information on the programme, please visit this website.
The programme has two stages:
- Stage 1: One-week China market education programme in SingaporeXNode will conduct a one-week China education programme in Singapore to give participants a clear overview of the market and provide in-depth insights specific to their business in China. This will prepare the startups for market entry, to avoid common mistakes made within the market. The programme will also include a technical track and customised content around hardware development specific areas.
- Stage 2: Two-week China market immersionStartups can engage with relevant in-market stakeholders, starting with a Demo Day. The trip is designed to help participants build connections with relevant stakeholders in your industry. Participants will undergo physical learning expeditions, including company visits for startups, in order to be immersed into Shenzhen’s startup ecosystem.The total programme fee is S$5,000, after support from Enterprise Singapore.
XNode provides tailored support for Singapore-based technology startups and SMEs interested in engaging the Chinese ecosystem. Please contact the XNode personnel above to make enquiries.
XNode can provide access to:
- Co-working spaces
- Expert leaders in your industry in China
- Mentorship by entrepreneurs-in-residence
- Content, resources and materials about innovation in China
- Operational expertise in human resources (e.g. hiring), legal (e.g. company registration) and finance (e.g. book-keeping)