From Building In-house to Leverage Outsider Knowledge to Co-build
New Products and Services
XNode worked with Scania internal BU and support teams to map out problems and issues that Scania want to tackle for current daily work and for future planning.
After problems and solutions are scoped, we co-picked 5 topics that can be further scouted after. The final goal is Scania BU will work closely with selected startups to co-create a PoC/ MVP for new market share acquisition and finance incremental. This will leads to real business impact generation in the end.
XNode plays the role as executor, facilitator and guider during the process of innovation strategy planning, program scoping, scouting and collaboration among startups and corporate.
Key Results for Scouting
1 month scouting in China
- From pre-A round to C round startup
58 startups are either being selected or showing interests
Only 3 startups are interviewed and picked to enter the 3-month acceleration program
- 3 startups collaboration model brief :
- Startup A: Autonomous truck driving related algorithm and technology development in mining area.
- Startup B: A new business manager SaaS for Scania customer (e.g. distributor, OEM and 3rd party vendor etc. ) to realize digitalization transformation.
- Startup C: Helping Scania rental platform to increase efficiency during approval process with its AI algorithm and image recognition technology.